13 May 2013

Deja Vu

Jen & I switched on the telly and as luck would have it The Dockers were playing Essendon.    Now I don't pay too much attention to the footy or the schedule or to who is playing who in what round.  So when Jen said "Are the Docker's playing tonight?  Oh great!."  I had no information or, in fact, interest in whether they were really playing or not.

So we watched the game.  We got into it.  The game was really close..... surprisingly like last week's game against Essendon...... (are you thinking what I'm thinking?)

The last 2 mintues of the game, No. 23 for the Dockers - Chris Mayne kicked what could have won the game for them, but it hit the post.  Jenny screamed, "oh, he did that last time!  He did the exact same thing last week!  He's stuffed it up in the same way 2 weeks in a row!"  
Now it wasn't all Jen...... I was agreeing with her, "I know, Jen", I was saying, 'I watched it as well.  How is that possible to do the same thing twice in a row in two different games?"

We still didn't twig!

After the game had finished we watched the news and during the sports news the footy results came up and the Dockers had defeated Collingwood.

"How can the Docker's have played two games in one round?"

This was honestly our conversation!

Lots of confused looks were shared.  Then hysterical, almost maniacal laughter when we realised that we'd watched the last 2 quarters of the replay game from  last week.

Der!

Sorry Chris Mayne, we take everything we said back.

No comments:

Post a Comment